Case for New Oakville Hospital
Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (OTMH) is built by and for the community of Oakville. As healthcare delivery has evolved and changed with new technologies and medical breakthroughs, so too has Oakville’s community grown and expanded. Our community is active and vibrant, and OTMH has been there to help residents experience some of life’s most important moments.
OTMH has no more capacity to grow or change to effectively respond to future developments in medical practices and community expectations for convenient and timely care, the community requires a larger, more modern facility. The lack of available land to expand on the existing 10-acre site was a significant factor in the decision to relocate to a 50-acre green-field site at Third Line and Dundas with room to grow in order to serve the future projected population of Oakville.
Out of this need comes an opportunity of a lifetime for Oakvillians to build a hospital that best meets the needs of this thriving community for today and tomorrow. Few generations have the chance to create such an important legacy to pass on to their children, and their children’s children.
The new hospital will improve the experience of patients and families by offering the following highlights:
- Cancer clinic that will provide assessment, teaching, counselling, chemotherapy administration, blood transfusions and procedures for oncology patients, however, radiation will be provided regionally
- 80% single rooms designed to address infection control, privacy, sleeping areas for family to remain overnight, natural light, etc.
- A combination of 5 MRI and CT Scanners
- Patient-focused and well designed waiting space that incorporates the wide range of needs related to age, mobility, frailty and cognition
- Family-focused amenities include family rooms, lounges, shower facilities, kitchenettes, retail, etc.
- Green design to be environmentally friendly
The New Oakville Hospital will become a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that will offer first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community. To learn more on this exciting project we invite you to read the New Oakville Hospital Case for Change which honours what OTMH means to so many in our community and provides details on what the New Oakville Hospital will provide in the future for our community.
Please visit the New Oakville Hospital website at www.newoakvillehospital.com.